Function of Beauty
Founded by a dream team of world-class cosmetic scientists, MIT engineers, and developers, Function of Beauty creates personalized shampoo and conditioner formulations that are individually filled and formulated based on one’s unique hair type, hair goals, and preferences.
Fill Line Lead - Grand Rapids, MI
In our team-oriented environment, the Production Lead reports directly to the Line Supervisor to support the manufacture of quality finished products through the oversight of daily production tasks including preparing items for distribution, operating machinery, and following all site health and safety regulations.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee daily preparation of items for distribution, operating machinery, and following all site health and safety regulations
- Manage time, manpower, and equipment efficiently to meet production needs while maintaining a safe environment and quality standards
- Communicate with various other roles, including Maintenance and other Leads to set priorities and meet production needs
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment at all times, recognizing the importance of these to achieving quality standards
- Ensure all Safety policies/procedures are practiced
- Ensure the correct implementation and practice of procedures on the floor
- Assist with training and roll out of new procedures on the floor
- Operate powered industrial truck (including, but not limited to reach truck, forklift, straddle stacker)
- Make sure the fill areas are safe, organized, and clean (5S) at all times. Ensure trash and debris is removed in a timely manner
- Participate in continuous process improvement to increase production efficiencies
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing setting
- Proven experience in the application of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Experience with various forms of PIT equipment (straddle stacker, forklift) preferred
- Familiar with FIFO practices
- An independent, organized self-starter and team player who can assess needs and deliver results
- Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, and data entry experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal hours including evening and weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work any shift, including overtime
- Competent with using a PC, Word, Excel, and Windows OS
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift and move objects up to 50 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Must have verifiable work references
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Function of Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer