We Embrace Change – We Pursue (Pear)fection – We Hear You – We Work Hard, Play Hard
Who We Are:
Founded by a dream team of world-class cosmetic scientists, MIT engineers, and developers. Function of Beauty is a leader in customized beauty that creates personalized hair, skin, and body care products.
Function of Beauty perks includes eligibility for medical, dental, and vision starting the month after you are hired. You also receive short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, paid time-off, safe and sick time, and discounted customized products. As a growing company there is plenty of room for professional growth. Function of Beauty believes in great employee culture, so we often have employee events for our people.
The Communications team is hiring for a Senior Manager, Influencer Marketing. The Communications team leads the integrated marketing approach across PR, influencer and social media for the company with a strong focus on digital and social communications to drive brand awareness and visibility for the brand.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and strategic marketer to drive and grow a best-in-class influencer marketing program as a key brand and business driver. As a Senior Manager, you will work at the intersection of strategy, data and creativity to architect and build the best program for our brand. You are a problem solver, a storyteller and on the pulse of culture and what’s current in trends. This position will lead in the management and execution of the organic and paid influencer strategy and will be key in establishing and growing influencer relationships for the brand. This role reports into the VP of Communications.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the brand’s influencer strategy through planning and executing product and market launches, marketing campaigns, and experiential events
- Drive awareness and engagement through content partnerships, events, seeding and relationships, ensuring content that fuels other channels and has a measurable impact to business
- Oversee outreach and management of influencers and brand partners including contracts negotiations, deliverables, briefs and budget management
- Ongoing influencer identification and meaningful relationship building for the brand; and maintain strong agent relationships
- Work with cross-functional partners & external vendors to maintain relationship management tools & process
- Develop an evergreen brand experience for influencers that drives excitement, engagement and love for the brand
- Create a product seeding strategy, including process and development
Measurement and Reporting
- Establish a measurement & reporting structure to evaluate influencer impact on at least a monthly basis on key company KPIs
- Manage all PR/influencer reporting from said monthly KPI reports to new launch and campaign reports
- Utilize social tools to measure influencer efforts in accordance with KPIs and campaign objectives; Leverage data and benchmarks to provide strategic recommendations
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Creative, Marketing, Retail, etc) on integrated planning efforts and projects; create process for collaboration for paid influencer initiatives + deliverables
- Collaborate with PR Agency and Director of Social Media on developing and executing social engagement strategies; management of influencer-focused campaign project needs and timelines
- Partner with international markets on developing PR and influencer strategy to drive brand awareness and increase market share
- Oversee local market PR requests, influencer vetting by providing insights and feedback on recommendations
- Oversee the budget and track influencer program and projects
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of relevant beauty experience
- Hard-working and self-motivated; strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different PR and influencer marketing techniques and its best practices
- Excellent verbal and written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to details
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and new and innovative ways of executing
- Excellent acumen of key social channels including Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook, and Youtube
- Maintain a strong understanding of activity with the competitive beauty industry and social media landscape
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with international markets
- Passion for the beauty industry, hair care specifically is ideal
- Familiarity with Google Suites
- Full Time, Exempt
- Hybrid Workplace, onsite 2x a week in Soho, NYC
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to successfully do the job.
Function of Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer