Who we are:
Founded by a dream team of world-class cosmetic scientists, MIT engineers, and developers, Function of Beauty creates personalized shampoo and conditioner formulations that are individually filled and formulated based on one’s unique hair type, hair goals, and preferences.
At Function of Beauty, We Embrace Change – We Pursue (Pear)fection – We Hear You – We Work Hard, Play Hard!
Our team members enjoy a discount on our amazing products, medical, dental, and vision coverage starting the month after joining our team, a generous PTO package, 401(k) with company match, plenty of room for professional growth and so much more! Come join our amazing team!
Set the strategic vision for the 3-year innovation plan (physical + digital innovation) and portfolio for the haircare category (DTC + retail), based on consumer insights, handle from start to finish the full cycle of a product launch from concepting creative stage to developing and delivering the product in full, on time and on cost. Manage the local and international product portfolio mix. Set the strategic direction for the go to market, working closely with creative on omnichannel creative assets deliverables.
The Haircare Director will work in close collaboration with the cross-functional teams, labs, operations, communications, digital on the above deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess the current portfolio using analytics, customer data, competitive and business landscape to identify white spaces and needs
- Articulate a 3-year vision for the portfolio with strong disruptive innovation ideas on different territories in line with the brand positioning (product category, customization, sustainability, texture).
- Contribute to the overall brand vision in terms of positioning, product differentiation, product innovation both digital and retail
- Write differentiated product concepts including visual ideas, claims, benefits
- Write and own all briefs with cross functional partners on formula, packaging, creative assets in close partnership which channel owners.
- Establish business cases for each launch working with DTC/ retail partners on accurate forecasting while improving gross margins vs baseline for each product category.
- Drive the development process hand in hand with the NPD owner to ensure launches are delivered on time, in full and on cost.
- Drive the joint development of the physical product with the digital product /algorithm hand in hand with the digital team.
- Propose ideas to drive core business to deliver on business KPIs (net sales, GM as well as CAC and LTV)
- Manage haircare marketing budget in alignment with CMO based on business priorities.
- Co-design the go to market strategy in partnership with channel owners (retail and DTC)
- Design efficient creative briefs and guidelines to drive the creative team to deliver best in class assets for all channels (website, retail, product campaign, social, email, influencer)
- Using analytics and A/B testing work with channel owners to optimize creative assets against set KPIs
- Establish and share with the broader team reporting documents to foster a culture of accountability and results for the haircare category
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of product development experience in global marketing roles
- 3+ years of experience in global haircare marketing roles, operational marketing experience would be a plus
- In depth knowledge of haircare category and passion for product
- A good balance of creative and analytical skills, go getter, team player with a roll up your sleeves attitude, comfortable in a fast paced start up environment
- A competent user of computerized IT Systems – Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Excel
- Hybrid Workplace, 2x a week onsite in Soho, NYC
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to successfully do the job.
Function of Beauty is an Equal Opportunity Employer